Pasta alla Vecchia Bettola (Old Tavern Pasta)
- Penne Rigate pasta 11.3 oz (320 g)
- Datterino tomatoes 1.65 lbs (750 g)
- Liquid cream 2 tbsp (30 g)
- Vodka 1.35 tbsp (20 g)
- Garlic 1 clove
- Yellow onions 1 - 2/3 cup (approx. 50 g)
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Fresh chili pepper 1
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fine salt to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano DOP cheese 3 tbsp (40 g) - grated
- Now blend with vodka and let it evaporate completely, then add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for a few minutes over moderate heat. At this point, bake in the oven preheated to 350° (180° C) for 45 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and put the pasta in just before the tomatoes are cooked. After the cooking time has elapsed, remove the pan from the oven and transfer the seasoning into a tall, narrow glass, then reduce it to a cream with a hand blender.
- Put the pan back on the stove, pour in the mixture obtained and add the cream. Stir and cook for a few minutes over moderate heat.
- Drain the pasta al dente and transfer it directly into the pan with the sauce 16, stir and sauté briefly, then add grated Parmesan cheese and stir again. Finally, plate and garnish with plenty of chopped parsley: pasta alla vecchia bettola (old tavern pasta) is ready to be enjoyed!